For the upcoming Cricket world cup Qualifier 2018 Hong Kong cricket team will be announced the 15 Men Squad. Babar Hayat will be leading the Hong Kong side in the next month’s world cup qualifier which will be played in Zimbabwe from the 4th March while popular batsman of Mark Chapman was left out from the lineup as he made himself available for the selection because busy on Auckland’s New Zealand domestic Competition. Anshy Rath was named vice-captain.
Check out below the players who has been chosen by the hong kong Selectors to Represent the Hong Kong Cricket team in the ICC world cup Qualifiers in Zimbabwe.
Hong Kong Squad for 2018 World cup Qualifiers Matches
1. Babar Hayat – Captain (Little Sai Wan Cricket Club)
2. Anshuman Rath – Vice Captain (Hong Kong Cricket Club)
3. Nizakat Khan (Hong Kong Cricket Club)
4. Scott McKechnie (Kowloon Cricket Club)
5. Simandeep Singh (Kowloon Cricket Club)
6. Ahsan Ali Abbasi (United Services Recreation Club)
7. Ehsan Khan (Little Sai Wan Cricket Club)
8. Aizaz Khan (Kowloon Cricket Club)
9. Tanwir Afzal (Pakistan Association Cricket Club)
10. Ehsan Nawaz (Hong Kong Cricket Club)
11. Nadeem Ahmed (Little Sai Wan Cricket Club)
12. Tanveer Ahmed (Hong Kong Cricket Club)
13. Christopher Carter (Kowloon Cricket Club)
14. Shahid Wasif (Little Sai Wan Cricket Club)
15. Waqas Barkat (Kowloon Cricket Club)
List of Coaching Staff of Hong Kong for World cup Qualifiers
Head Coach: Simon Cook
Assistant Coach: Mark Wright
Team Analyst: Chris Pickett
Physio: Sarah Whitehead
Manager: Jawaid Iqbal
Hong Kong Team who will be included in the Group B in the World cup Qualifiers 2018 where they face to Scotland, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe and Nepal in the group stage game. Top 3 Teams from the each group will be move to super 6s phase and bottom two team from each group will be compete to determine who finished from 7th to 10th place.
Hong Kong Team Schedule for World cup Qualifier – Matches to be played
- Tuesday 6th March: Hong Kong v Scotland (Bulawayo Sports Club)
- Thursday 8th March: Hong Kong v Afghanistan (Bulawayo Sports Club)
- Saturday 10th March: Hong Kong v Zimbabwe (Queens Sports Club Bulawayo)
- Monday 12th March: Hong Kong v Nepal (Queens Sports Club Bulawayo)
Simon Cook Head coach of the Hong Kong Side will be pleased with the squad as team are well balance. Cook said that the team will look to embrace the challenge following their third-place finish in the recently-concluded World Cricket League championship.